Thursday 17 September 2020

3 Reasons Why I Love My Sony a6300

I have a lot of camera gear, and I love a lot of it. But there is one camera in my collection that gets more use in more situations than anything else: the Sony a6300.
iStock 512034218 image
I think it’s pretty universally accepted that Sony makes really good cameras. I have firsthand experience with this little guy, and I can tell you without equivocation that I absolutely love this thing. Let me give you my top three reasons why I hold it in such high esteem.

Size & Build

a6300 N wSELP1650 top image
Something that I really appreciate about the Sony a6300 is its size. It’s an ideal backup camera on the days I take my Nikon D810. But, on the days when I want to go lean and mean, the a6300 is my go-to camera. In fact, whenever I travel, this is the camera that comes with me. It’s small and compact, allowing me to take a couple of lenses with the room I gain in my camera bag. And, if I want to forego my camera bag altogether, the a6300 slips nicely into my jacket pocket, even with a short lens attached to it. It’s also comfortable to hold, with an ergonomic grip that fits a variety of hand sizes for a stable, steady hold on the camera.
Beyond that, the a6300 feels like a high-end camera. Its body is made of magnesium alloy, so it’s lightweight, but it feels well-built and robust. I know that if I accidentally knock it up against something as I’m moving around, that it will take its lumps and keep on performing well. Speaking of taking its lumps, the a6300 is weather sealed, so I can go out and shoot when it’s hot, cold, windy, or raining, and be confident that the camera will be able to resist those elements.